The role of 2 & 3D CAD Design Engineer supports the Ocado Engineering and Logistics Development teams (Business and Engineering Project Managers) with regards to providing conceptual and detailed design drawings, for both new and existing CFC projects. Assume ownership of As-Built drawings handed over to Ocado from external MHE contractors.
Role & Responsibilities
- Producing 2D technical layout drawings for large new build projects.
- This will include the layout of MHE equipment, facilities infrastructure operational interfaces and their integration of related systems across site.
- Evaluate integration of MHE equipment and check for and address any fouling issues between components.
- Where appropriate, providing As-Built equipment and infrastructure drawings for inclusion in Vendor designs.
- Carrying out surveys of legacy installations across the CFC and at all spoke sites to create drawings.
- Producing detailed 3D solid models and the relevant manufacturing detailed drawings for components and assemblies, converting existing current 2D designs and layouts into 3D CAD technical models.
- Applying design knowledge and experience of MHE equipment and MHE suppliers for input into mechanical design.
- Integrating Vendor-produced drawings into Ocado drawings and the main Ocado Engineering library.
- Being responsible for drawings documentation and change control process, and generally ensuring the smooth running Engineering Documentation Management System.
- Assisting staff with any design queries.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Full knowledge and demonstrable experience of both 2D and 3D design using Autodesk AutoCAD (is essential) & 3D Solid Modelling (Autodesk Inventor preferably).
- MHE background is preferred.
- Engineering background is preferred, with an ability to think about how engineering layout effects process within the CFC
- Engineering qualification (preferably HND and above)
- AutoCAD and/or Autodesk Inventor training certificate (Intermediate and/or above) would be an advantage.
- MS Office experience is an advantage.