Team Assistant - Ocado Technology
On the surface, we are the world’s largest online-only grocery retailer. Customers use our award winning mobile applications and website to place their orders, which are packed in our world-class automated warehouse, and delivered in one hour time slots.
Look under the surface however, and you will unearth a dynamic technology company that has the look, feel and culture of an innovative software start-up. That’s because we develop all the software that powers Ocado, in-house.
Due to continued growth, we are recruiting for an additional Team Assistant to work closely with the Divisional Co-ordinator, you will also be joining two fellow Team Assistants already working in the Division.
What will I be doing...
- Extensive diary management and supporting the Management Board members: including arranging meetings with internal or external clients; book meeting rooms, organise catering; book travel and accommodation and arranging travel itineraries.
- Responsible for assisting with administrative support across the Division, which includes: monitoring, booking and overseeing efficient management of meeting rooms on a daily basis, monitoring of Divisional facilities and equipment; ordering supplies. Building cross-Divisional relationships with Technology offices in Poland, Bulgaria and Spain.
- Provide extensive support to the Division with UK travel and accommodation bookings, international flight and hotel bookings, booking car hires, train travel and taxi bookings, keeping an accurate and detailed log of all travel requests.
- Other general administrative duties include; monthly credit card and expense reconciliations, submitting expense claims for the Management Board, ensuring invoices are processed in a timely manner; ordering stationery and business cards, arranging parking permits for visitors and dealing with post within the Division.
We'd love to hear from you if you can demonstrate...
- Previous experience in an administrative team based role within a fast paced environment requiring tact, judgement, discretion, cool head and a good sense of humour.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to talk to people from all walks of life. You have the ability to solve problems with positive outcomes.
- Experience of working successfully with senior management.
- Ability to manage multiple diaries, organise travel and accommodation reservations.
- Strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint to Intermediate level and familiar with Cloud based tools such as Google Apps including Gmail, Drive, Calendar, Docs, etc.
- You’ve been described as Approachable, Flexible, Engaged, Creative, Attentive,
This is a permanent full-time role (40 hours per week) which includes an element of physical activity including manual lifting and out of hours support, e.g. for company event held in the evening or at a weekend, you will be required to assist in the set-up and support of such events.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a busy, dynamic and growing Division within Ocado and an ideal opportunity to gain a thorough understanding of the business.
What we can offer you
While red tape’s conspicuous by its absence, rewards are plentiful: as well as a competitive salary and share schemes, benefits include pension scheme, interest-free season ticket loan, free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and, of course, a healthy 15% Ocado staff discount (and free delivery). We also have Friday socials on the first Friday of every month, sports clubs such as badminton, running and table tennis (and many more) not to mention our frequently used football table.
Find out more about Ocado Technology at http://www.ocadotechnology.com
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only.
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.