Ocado is an award-winning online retailer revolutionising grocery shopping in the UK who continually report double digit growth. We are developing our own technology and new customer propositions allowing the business to open multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships. We pride ourselves on the quality of ours goods, people and technological advances that power everything we do.
This role will provide centralised technical expertise and focus for assigned Ocado Automation Product(s). Plan, coordinate and manage the realisation of assigned products. Manage engineering changes and improvements for assigned products.
Role & Responsibilities
Be the central engineering product manager for assigned automation products / streams.
- Applications engineering of products during development of new customer fulfilment centre(CFC) proposals through to detailed design phases
- Identify and coordinate change requests and product improvements
- Develop and maintain detailed product knowledge
- Develop installation & commissioning plan and methodology based on best practice
- Maintain and communicate product technical documentation
- Project management of delivery & realization of products
- Provide technical product support, especially during design, installation & commissioning phases.
- Support planning and programme of new installations and upgrades
- Team lead on larger product streams
- Work closely with engineering supply chain to manage technical issues
Be part of central automation engineering team and support colleagues in the planning, delivery and realisation of automation systems
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ability and willingness to travel to sites both in the UK and abroad
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
- Ability to design & propose alternative solutions when faced with project barriers
- Aptitude to debate detail both technical and commercial detail with internal and external parties
- Experience of projects in manufacturing, automotive, airports, FMCG distribution or similar field (could also be from within the MHE industry)
- Good technical ability (or experience) relating to automation and general engineering
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Docs and ideally MS Project
- Project management skills (including planning , risk management and reporting)
- Technical qualification, to HND or Degree level in a relevant field
- The ability to deliver projects on time and within approved budget
- The ability to multitask and manage/reprioritise a complex diary and multiple projects
- Demonstrate a balanced and considered approach to problem resolution
- Communicate requirements and facilitate compromises where appropriate based on appreciation or analysis of any business/technical project tensions in play
- The ability to draw a workable solution from diverse teams, which is acceptable to all impacted parties (e.g. Vendors, Operation, Engineering Ops)
- Be able to perform independently and as part of a team
- Commercially aware and consider cost impacts on decisions and proposals