On the surface, we are the world’s largest online-only grocery retailer. Customers use our award winning mobile applications and website to place their orders, which are packed in our world-class automated warehouse, and delivered in one hour time slots.
Look under the surface however, and you will unearth a dynamic technology company that has the look, feel and culture of an innovative software start-up. That’s because we develop all the software that powers Ocado in-house. From the real time control systems that drive our automated warehouse, and sophisticated route optimisation software, to our robotics, 3D vision systems and the complex algorithms embedded in our inference engines.
We are seeking an Infrastructure Engineer to work in the Implementation Team, with responsibility for the installation of all the IT equipment and associated physical infrastructure within Ocado's data centres and server rooms in all locations.
- Installation of new equipment, hardware swap-outs and component replacements (servers, network equipment and storage)
- Installation of associated infrastructure such as network patching and power provision.
- Asset management of all Network and server infrastructure.
- Environmental monitoring of the datacentres including power, cooling and overall capacity.
- Document, monitor and enforce operational standards for the datacentres.
- Network cabling and testing.
- Supplier liaison - arranging orders and deliveries with infrastructure vendors.
- The role will require foreign and domestic travel to visit sites and will require work in the evenings and weekends during implementation periods.
- Educated to A-Level standard as a minimum
- 17th edition of the IEE Wiring Regulations Qualification
- Prior IT experience is not a pre-requisite, however must demonstrate a real interest in IT
- Evidence of ability to work independently
- Current clean driving license required
What we can offer you
Technically stretching work is a given. We want you to push technological boundaries and create solutions to problems people haven’t even thought about yet; so we’ll give you the freedom and the tools and the playful, stimulating working environment you need to do what’s never been done before.
While red tape’s conspicuous by its absence, rewards are plentiful: as well as a competitive salary, benefits include pension scheme, interest-free season ticket loan and, of course, a healthy 15% Ocado staff discount (and free delivery).
Find out more about Ocado Technology at http://www.ocadotechnology.com
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.