We’re Ocado Technology. We design and build the online platform that powers ocado.com and groceries.morrisons.com which are the largest online-only grocery retailer, and the fastest growing online supermarket in the world!
We write and build all our own systems, from website to warehouse control systems, van routing systems to mobile apps, every system involved in our e-commerce and logistics operation has been carefully crafted by our team of passionate software engineers.
We have a rapidly expanding portfolio of amazing software products being developed in Barcelona. And we work closely with our development teams in our other centres around the world.
You will be part of our Mobile Development team which creates our suite of mobile apps for iOS and Android that now generates over 40% of our weekly orders. Our apps were some of the first transactional shopping apps in the world, and have won industry awards, with features such as the ability to shop offline. They are regularly featured in the app and play stores. As the percentage of weekly orders taken on mobile is growing significantly day by day, it is backed by major new projects within the team, completely redefining what it means to shop for groceries on a mobile device.
What are we looking for
So, you are passionate about the quality of software. You have experienced different work environments and you know that separation of dev and QA is not the brightest idea.
You know that quality is a large part of productivity and makes the software team move faster. You have been in the core of development, participating in every stage of the process, you have worked on the improvement of the process together with your team.
You know how to make sure that the story is testable, how to build the testing pyramid for your product, how to make the decision whether to automate something or not. You’re happy to roll up your sleeves and write automated tests. You have the courage to stop the line if the quality drops. You think scale - quality at scale. You make others think alike.
Great, we're looking for people like you who can help us embed quality in our process and improve it over time. People who are technical experts and get things done by using their smarts and whatever tools make sense to get the job done. People who love to stand on the shoulders of giants to solve new problems and thrive in a rapidly innovating space.
Within the software development team you will
- Work with the team on continuous improvement of the development process with end-to-end quality in mind
- Help maintain clear communication around features and change with all stakeholders
- Help the team to build and maintain the testing pyramid
- Recommend, design & implement testing automation (yes, including writing automated tests)
- Pragmatically decide what not to automate
- Measure everything
- Lead, coach and grow a quality mindset
- Contribute to Open Source solutions and communities whenever you can
Skills and Experience
- Título de Licenciado o Grado en Ingeniería Informática (A good degree in Computer Science or related subject)
- Good spoken and written English
- Really know the principles and practices of testing the software.
- Have superior ability to design test cases
- Are experienced with automated testing tools (like: JMeter, REST Assured, Selenium based frameworks (Appium), Espresso, JUnit)
- Are experienced in testing mobile applications
- Are able to code, procedurally, functionally or OO
Nice to have
- Are strongly biased towards automation!
- Have relevant cloud computing experience
- Really understand the complete SDLC and development methodologies
- Know how to design and execute functional, system and database tests
- Know that performance is a part of quality and know how to test it
- Love working as an embedded member of a cross functional team
- Love to leave things better than you found them
- Love agile/lean development and delivering code
- Embrace uncertainty, are happy with challenges and learn fast
- Have a great sense of humor
We can offer you:
A relaxed, international, talented, creative and friendly environment where we will provide you with the best tools to develop amazing stuff. We invest in our employees, ensuring we provide them with the best in house and external training programs available. We also really encourage people to attend conferences and be involved in the local developer community.
- Flexible working hours with short Fridays
- Reduced hours in August
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Ticket Restaurant Scheme
- Free fresh fruit, snacks, tea and coffee
- Monthly drinks events
- Table football
- English and Spanish language courses
We are right next to Sants station, a central area of Barcelona. We are just getting going, which makes it a very exciting time to join!
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology! Find out more about us at http://www.ocadotechnology.com
Due to the fast paced nature of our business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.