We’re Ocado Technology. We architect and build the ground-breaking, game-changing technology solutions that power Ocado, the world's largest online-only grocery retailer. We don’t do off-the-shelf. We don’t do easy. Because we’re writing, building and running all our own software systems, we’re constantly pushing the limits of what technology can do. And when we say ‘we’, we mean ‘you’. Join us and you’ll work across a phenomenal breadth of technology, with incredibly smart people, to create reliable, resilient, scalable and optimised software systems.
We are looking for a Desktop Support Services (DSS) Senior Technician to join our team. The DSS Technician’s primary objective is to deliver excellent customer service and quality 1st line technical support for the employees at Ocado’s Customer Fulfilment Centre (CFC) in Hatfield, Hertfordshire and associated Spokes.
The DSS is a dynamic environment with new challenges and technologies being constantly developed and deployed.
The successful applicant will be working in a 2nd line capacity.
DSS CFC1 team provide 24x7 support to the business and will be split between two 12 hour shifts (07:00hrs – 19:00hrs and 19:00hrs - 07:00hrs) on a 4 day rotation.
For example, a DSS Senior Technician will work 4 night shifts (19:00hrs) then take 4 shifts off, twice before rotating to day shift (07:00hrs) and the pattern is the same for days.
- 2nd line DSS support.
- Close attention to service level agreements (SLA’s) and setting a clear expectation to the customer.
- Delivering a first class service focusing on customer satisfaction and responding to internal customer’s needs.
- Maintaining and supporting Windows technology within the CFC and offices, responding to issues in an efficient and timely manner.
- Participate and implement elements of business projects as and when required.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures clearly and the forethought to highlight necessary amendments, ensuring documentation is current.
- Participating in the technical team and ensuring a good work ethic.
- 2nd line support experience within a large helpdesk or desktop support team.
- Proven track record of providing high quality customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to provide technical support on Windows 7/8 and MAC OS X.
- Ability to provide technical support on Citrix based Thin Clients.
- An understanding of network infrastructure.
- Android, iOS and BlackBerry configuration skills desirable.
- An IT or Customer Service qualification would be desirable (i.e. ITIL Foundation, NVQ etc.).
- Logical problem solving through to resolution
- Work well as part of a team, supporting other members of the helpdesk.
NOTE: The successful candidate will be subject to a technical test and CRB check as part of the interview process.
What we can offer you
Technically stretching work is a given. We want you to push technological boundaries and create solutions to problems people haven’t even thought about yet; so we’ll give you the freedom and the tools and the playful, stimulating working environment you need to do what’s never been done before. While red tape’s conspicuous by its absence, rewards are plentiful: as well as a competitive salary, benefits include pension scheme, interest-free season ticket loan and, of course, a healthy 15% Ocado staff discount (and free delivery).
Find out more about Ocado Technology at http://www.ocadotechnology.com
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.