We’re Ocado Technology. We architect and build the ground-breaking, game changing technology solutions that power Ocado, the world's largest online-only grocery retailer. We don’t do off-the-shelf. We don’t do easy. Because we’re writing, building and running all our own software systems, we’re constantly pushing the limits of what technology can do. And when we say ‘we’, we mean ‘you’. Join us and you’ll work across a phenomenal breadth of technology, with incredibly smart people, to create reliable, resilient, scalable and optimised software systems.
We are looking for a Team Leader to lead, mentor and direct an Operations Centre Infrastructure Engineering Team responsible for the installation and maintenance of all the IT equipment and associated physical infrastructure within Ocado's data centres, server rooms and Operational facilities in all locations.
First and foremost you will be able to demonstrate an exceptional level of communication skills and leadership. Your objective is to ensure the smooth running of Ocado’s operation.
How you will spend your days...
- Server room / Network Cable provisioning and testing.
- Installation and Commissioning of new server/network/storage equipment, hardware swap-outs and component replacements.
- Asset management of all Server room infrastructure.
- Managing/maintaining the Datacentre facilities including power, cooling and overall capacity.
- Document, monitor and enforce operational standards for the datacentres.
- Supplier liaison - arranging orders and deliveries with infrastructure vendors.
Note: This role may require foreign and domestic travel to visit sites and may require work in the evenings and weekends.
What you need to know...
- Experience of leading a team in a multi-skilled environment supporting critical production services.
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, communication and report writing skills, interacts appropriately with users of various technical skill levels, remains calm and courteous while working to resolve problems.
- Performance Metric / KPI definition.
- Technical understanding of an Enterprise Architecture / Production warehouse environment.
- Ability to adapt and understand new technologies.
- Strong fault finding/diagnostics/trouble-shooting skills.
- Methodical approach to problem solving and attention to detail.
- Proficient documentation skills; able to fully document operational requirements, proposed solutions, processes and data flows effectively
- Effective time management skills; with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously requiring experience with prioritizing tasks due to shifting priorities, fluctuating workloads, and deadline pressures.
- Prior experience in Electrical or Mechanical Installation
What we can offer you
Technically stretching work is a given. We want you to push technological boundaries and create solutions to problems people haven’t even thought about yet; so we’ll give you the freedom and the tools and the playful, stimulating working environment you need to do what’s never been done before. While red tape’s conspicuous by its absence, rewards are plentiful: as well as a competitive salary and share schemes, benefits include pension scheme, interest-free season ticket loan, free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and, of course, a healthy 15% Ocado staff discount (and free delivery). We also have Friday socials on the first Friday of every month, sports clubs such as badminton, running and table tennis (and many more) not to mention our frequently used football table.
Find out more about Ocado Technology at http://www.ocadotechnology.com
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only.
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.