Ocado is an award-winning online retailer revolutionising grocery shopping in the UK who continually report double digit growth. Our R&D Team are developing our own technology and new customer propositions allowing the business to open multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships. We pride ourselves on the quality of ours goods, people and technological advances that power everything we do.
This role is to enable Ocado to retain UK sector lead and to grow nationally and internationally through the development of new automation products and equipment.
- Supporting the mechanical design team detailing CAD designs and producing drawings, to a standard of detail and quality suitable to issue to suppliers for manufacture.
- This could be for automated machines, complex electromechanical products , large structures, robotic products, and the full range of supporting products needed to deliver a fully functional customer fulfilment centre
- Creating drawings from CAD concepts at the system, sub system or component level
- Reviewing and updating supplier drawings
- Ensuring consistent quality across all drawings and designs by recommending and implementing best practise for detailing , reviewing and change control
- Conducting tolerance analyses and performing some basic engineering calculations.
- Updating existing drawings, under a formal change control process
- Be able to support/manage both internal and external design resources.
You will have:
- A good HND or equivalent.
- Experience in working in design of complex electromechanical automation systems, machines or products that have gone into production.
- Knowledge in CAD. Preferably Autodesk Autocad and, Autodesk Inventor.
- The ability to work within a team on multiple projects, to prioritise tasks and to manage your time.
- Experience of delivering work packages to time and budget constraints.