What we’re looking for
A Lead Electronics Design Engineer with a strong technical background in Electronics, Hardware, and PCB design to lead our electronics stream focused on product development for our unique industrial automation and robotics technology. Acting as the electronics design authority for the full product development lifecycle, including new and existing products, you will work with senior stakeholders to define process and product strategy, and also collaborate with System, Mechanical, Embedded, and Manufacturing Engineers to ensure products are designed for manufacture.
We’d like to talk to you if you have experience of…
- designing electronics for manufacture and getting products to market
- hardware engineering for real-time, embedded systems and microcontrollers
- design requirements for embedded electronics in the automotive space
- designing and implementing analogue, digital and power electronics
- designing multi-layered PCBs, with EMI/EMC requirements in mind
- electronics certification processes and design for testability
- Altium Designer or similar
We also like talking to people with knowledge and experience of...
- designing microwave RF electronics for mobile devices
- FPGA based hardware design
- common buses and interfaces e.g. CAN bus, SPI, SSI etc
- motor control
- security measures
- a good honours degree, or equivalent, in electronics (or other relevant discipline), ideally with post-graduate qualifications/research (Masters, Phd, etc)
- highly effective, proactive leader, self-motivated with an interest in extending their knowledge and skills
- thrives working in a collaborative environment, sharing knowledge and developing others
- excellent communications skills at all levels
- adaptable and flexible, used to working in a rapidly changing, faced paced environment
What we can offer you:
Technically stretching work is a given. We want you to push technological boundaries and create solutions to problems people haven’t even thought about yet; so we’ll give you the freedom and the tools and the playful, stimulating working environment you need to do what’s never been done before. While red tape’s conspicuous by its absence, rewards are plentiful: as well as a competitive salary and share schemes, benefits include pension scheme, interest-free season ticket loan, free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and, of course, a healthy 15% Ocado staff discount (and free delivery) across our Webshops including Groceries, Fetch, Sizzle and Fabled. . We also have Friday socials on the first Friday of every month, sports clubs such as badminton, running and table tennis (and many more) not to mention our frequently used foosball table.
Find out more about Ocado Technology at ocadotechnology.com
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.