We’re Ocado Technology. We architect and build the ground-breaking, game-changing technology solutions that power Ocado, the world's largest online-only grocery retailer. We don’t do off-the-shelf. We don’t do easy. Because we’re writing, building and running all our own software systems, we’re constantly pushing the limits of what technology can do. And when we say ‘we’, we mean ‘you’.
This role is site based and will require you to work weekends.
What we'd like you to do:
- Be the CFC OSP touchpoint for the operation and business project teams during the commissioning and subsequent phases of warehouse installation project.
- Support the business realisation team to integrate the CFC OSP elements with the overall warehouse installation.
- Manage the day to day commissioning and testing activities.
- Capturing, maintaining and tracking issues & where appropriate driving them through to resolution.
- Work closely with the Rainbow PDM to review progress, assess risk and re-prioritise workload as necessary.
- Develop and continuously improving ways of working between on-site and remote support teams, both within and outside of Technology.
- Coordinate and manage the release of new code and bug fixes.
- Carry out (and supervision of) on-site testing when required and write any required test plans and support documentation.
- Author daily reports as deemed required by the project team.
- Co-chair the daily brief and wash ups.
- Promote Technology and build relationships with stakeholders and other departmental teams.
- Experience of using java based test harnesses and applications.
- Solid foundations in traversing & manipulating the linux file system and interrogating log files.
- Proven analytical abilities.
- Experience working on software development projects.
- Knowledge of SQL and its use in analysing data from relational databases is essential.
- Ability to interact with developers and technical leads in a technical manner.
- Strong technical background.
- Degree background or equivalent.
- Experience of working with warehouse systems and controlling projects in warehouse/industrial type environments would be an advantage.
- Experience in system design and development would be an advantage.
- Candidates who have moved from a developer background into project management will be looked on favourably.
- Computer Science or Engineering based degree with exposure to programming and scripting
- Experience of using Jira for managing bugs and issues.
What we can offer you
Technically stretching work is a given. We want you to push technological boundaries and create solutions to problems people haven’t even thought about yet; so we’ll give you the freedom and the tools and the playful, stimulating working environment you need to do what’s never been done before. While red tape’s conspicuous by its absence, rewards are plentiful: as well as a competitive salary and share schemes, benefits include pension scheme, interest-free season ticket loan, free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and, of course, a healthy 15% Ocado staff discount (and free delivery). We also have Friday socials on the first Friday of every month, sports clubs such as badminton, running and table tennis (and many more) not to mention our frequently used foosball table.
Find out more about Ocado Technology at ocadotechnology.com
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.