We're Ocado Technology. We design and build the platform that powers Ocado, the world's largest online-only grocery retailer. We're also putting the world's retailers online, including Morrisons (the fastest growing online supermarket in the world), Fetch, Sizzle, and Fabled by Marie Claire.
We write and build all our own systems, from website to warehouse control systems, van routing systems to mobile apps, every system involved in our e-commerce and logistics operation has been carefully crafted by our team of passionate software engineers.
We have a rapidly expanding portfolio of amazing software products being developed in Barcelona. And we work closely with our development teams in our other centres around the world.
As a Senior Java Developer for the Range Management Systems department, you will be joining a new team in Barcelona focused on developing the central product catalogue systems. The RMS system is the central repository for our product data providing data feeds and webservices to other systems within the business, such as our webshop and warehouse management systems, as well as providing integration points to external data providers. It has a front end written in GWT for data management, which we are looking to migrate to Angular or React as part of an extensive rewrite of the product.
We use Java and Scala, relying on Spring and Akka to deliver our projects. We use AWS for all our new deployments. We embrace agile development techniques, and run all our projects as Scrum projects as part of a cross functional team. Alongside the ownership and ongoing development of all new functionality, there is particular focus on performance, scalability and maintainability.
What we would like from you
- Título de Licenciado o Grado en Ingeniería Informática (A good degree in Computer Science or related subject)
- You’ll have strong OOP and software design skills
- Extensive experience in Java and other OO languages
- Passionate about developing high-quality enterprise software
- Good spoken and written English
- Happy to take an active role in supporting the business needs
- Passion and understanding for TDD
Would be great if you also had
- A fanaticism for clean code!
- Working experience in a micro-services environment
- Comfortable working in an Agile team
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment
- A mastery of git!
We can offer you:
A relaxed, international, talented, creative and friendly environment (phew!) where we will provide you with the best tools to develop amazing stuff. We invest in our employees, ensuring we provide them with the best in house and external training programs available. We also really encourage people to attend conferences and be involved in the local developer community.
- Flexible working hours with short Fridays
- Reduced hours in August
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Ticket Restaurant Scheme
- Free fresh fruit, snacks, tea and coffee
- Monthly drinks events
- Table football
- English and Spanish language courses
We are right next to Sants station, a central area of Barcelona. We are just getting going, which makes it a very exciting time to join!
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology! Find out more about us at http://www.ocadotechnology.com
Due to the fast paced nature of our business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.