Ocado is a world leading innovator in online grocery shopping, with a pioneering business model. And we are far from standing still: sales growing at more than 15% per year, developing new technology and customer propositions, opening multiple sites, engaging in new partnerships and have international ambitions.
This role is in the New CFCs Business Testing Team, responsible for the management and execution of Business Acceptance Testing and front line go live support on future Customer Fulfilment Centres, and other significant programmes/projects.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join an exciting company and a team of smart, skilled, motivated and friendly people. This role would suit someone in a team lead/manager role within a project, operational or test team looking to progress.
- Reviewing requirements, specifications and business processes
- The design and implementation of test conditions, and test cases for IT testing, MHE testing, and Business Process Testing in both a warehouse and office environment
- Liaising with developers, business analysts and business users to derive test case information
- Identifying, sourcing and creating required test data
- Peer review test assets, i.e. test scenarios, test cases/scripts
- Test case execution
- Raising defects in accordance with the defect management process
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of testing standards, processes, procedures and methodology
- Provide front line go live support at customer fulfilment centres during the initial go live period of the site.
- You may have come from one of two backgrounds and have the required adaptable skills to be a successful Functional Test Analyst:
- Experienced ISTQB qualified tester with a good understanding of testing processes and procedures, with previous experience including scripting/execution against complex test basis
- Warehouse experience managing a team(s), processes and procedures in a busy operational environment
Essential Candidate Requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid UK driving licence
- Project experience as part of a team
- Previous “hands on” testing experience
- Experience working in a commissioning, mechanical, warehouse or manufacturing environment
- MS Office at user level
- Previous experience using Visio or a similar package to create flow diagrams
- ISEB/ISTQB foundation qualification
- Reviewing requirements
- Use of test and/or defect management tools
This role will require extensive travel/work at sites across the UK and internationally, and extended stays overseas will be necessary. Candidates must have a full driving licence and be able to travel internationally.
Due to the fast paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.
Reference - FTA1407
Closing date - 30th September 2016
Hours - 40 hours per week - shift work will be required during implementation and
go live support
Contract type - Full-time
Location -Based at sites in varying locations for the duration of projects. Financial and/or administrative relocation support will be provided where appropriate
Salary - Competitive
Benefits include Pension, private medical insurance, critical illness cover, 15% staff discount + others