Junior UX Designer- General Merchandise
Sorry, this vacancy is now closed
- £Competitive plus benefits
- Closing date
- 31 Mar 2017
- 40 hours per week
- Contract type
- Hatfield (Head Office)
- Vacancy description
We are the world’s largest dedicated online grocery retailer having built a pioneering online shopping and fulfilment solution that has revolutionised the way people buy groceries and more.
The General Merchandise team works on the “and more”. General Merchandise is rapidly expanding by increasing range on ocado.com and creating new specialist websites: fetch.co.uk, a pet specialist, launched in 2013, Sizzle.co.uk, a kitchen and dining specialist, launched in 2014, and more recently our premium beauty venture with Marie Claire UK.
At the forefront of this is our people…..and this is where you can play a key part.
We are seeking a Junior UX Designer who will report into the Senior UX Designer and work collaboratively with Product Owners and Developers.You will need to be autonomous in nature and a self-starter with a desire to learn. You’ll have a passion for design & technology and keep up-to-date with the latest trends. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a growing team that is constantly launching new sites and producing innovative design work. There will be occasional international travel.
You will contribute by:
- Being part of the design process contributing to research
- Creating mocks and wireframes.
- Managing your own workflow and documentation.
- Handling multiple projects.
We would like you to have:
- Portfolio with a range of interface design that can provide links and demonstrate work/projects.
- Interest in Google Analytics, research data.
- Be ready to work collaboratively with frontend/backend developers.
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Understanding of Responsive design.
- Skills in recent design software.
- Ability to work independently with a hunger to learn.
- A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in interactive media or visual communication design or a similar subject.
What we can offer you:
Technically stretching work is a given. We want you to push technological boundaries and create solutions to problems people haven’t even thought about yet; so we’ll give you the freedom and the tools and the playful, stimulating working environment you need to do what’s never been done before. While red tape’s conspicuous by its absence, rewards are plentiful: as well as a competitive salary, benefits include pension scheme, share schemes so you can share in our success, interest-free season ticket loan and, of course, a healthy 15% Ocado staff discount (and free delivery).
Find out more about Ocado Technology at http://www.ocadotechnology.com
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.