Ocado is a leading award-winning online retailer, who have revolutionised grocery shopping in the UK using innovative cutting-edge technology. Developing our own technology and new customer propositions, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships are some of our key strengths. We pride ourselves on the quality of ours goods, people and technological advances that power everything we do.
This role is to enable Ocado to retain UK sector lead and to grow nationally and internationally through the development of new cutting-edge automation products and equipment.
Ocado have a portfolio of products in the field and in development awaiting production release. The key functions for the Reliability Engineer for existing and new products are:
- To support the identification and resolution of root cause issues by applying structured problem solving techniques such as 8D, 5-Whys
- To collate, analyse complex data, present findings and recommendations
- To define and implement test strategies to prove that the proposed fixes or changes have achieved the targeted outcome.
- To define the test criteria’s using appropriate analysis tools that will ensure that new products achieve their reliability targets in the field
- To define requirements, goals and test plans for qualifying new and novel technology
- To work closely with the NPI and DFM Engineers to create and implement reliability improvements within the business.
- To provide independent verification of supplier reliability claims through appropriate test strategies
- To create the testing requirements which enable the design teams to produce test rigs to prove product reliability before release
- To provide reliability data for products to support the product release stage gate
Qualifications & Experience
- An Engineering degree in a relevant discipline e.g. Systems, Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Robotics
- Substantial experience of at least 3 years in the discipline
- Experience evaluating products and systems to identify critical areas of reliability using tools such as FMEA and statistical tools e.g. Weibull analysis
- Experience of collating and interpreting test data to calculate a reliability measure for a component , product or system
- A high standard of communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to develop and present technical reports/presentations across all levels within the business
- A high degree of attention to detail –a ‘Completer-Finisher’ personality type is ideal.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team with strong social and interpersonal skills
- A proactive and creative approach to work and ability to cope rapidly with challenging problems
- Post graduate qualification
- Understanding of Reliability growth testing and Highly accelerated life testing methods
- Knowledge of Six Sigma problem-solving methodology (i.e. Define, Measure, Analyse, Improve and Control stages)
- Experience of coaching and running internal workshops on reliability tools & methods
- Ability to travel to our other sites within the UK