Sorry, this vacancy is now closed
- Closing date
- 01 Aug 2017
- 40 hours per week
- Contract type
- Krakow, Poland
- Vacancy description
As a Data Analyst on the Data Science Team, you will work very closely with product owners and development teams in one of the development area in Ocado.
You will be responsible for designing experiments, use your statistical knowledge to get insight from data, and help everyone around understand better how data can be useful. You will work closely with the product owners and senior management to identify and scope projects, plan those projects, help to define how to measure them. As a Data Analyst you will be responsible to effectively communicate advanced technical issues and findings to a range of technical and non-technical internal audiences. You will be also advocate of the best practices in Data Science day-to-day work.
We are looking for people who are experts and get things done by using their smarts and whatever tools make sense to get the job done. People who love to stand on the shoulders of giants to solve new problems and thrive in a rapidly innovating space.
Day to day work
- Designs experiments, test hypotheses, and build models
- Solves client analytics problems (in iterative processes) and communicates results and methodologies
- Develops experimental design approaches to validate finding or test hypotheses.
- Provides on-going tracking and monitoring of performance of decision systems and statistical models.
- Communicate what you find to broader audience
Desired skills & competencies
- Master’s Degree in mathematics, applied statistics, data mining, physics or a related quantitative discipline
- Familiarity with the principles of multivariate testing, experiment design, and the standard methods for analyzing data collected from controlled and quasi-experiments
- Deep understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts
- Strong communications skills and/or story telling / presentation skills
- Commercial awareness and problem-solving ability
- Love to learn new things and can do so quickly
- Computer programming ability, including SQL, and either R or Python
- Knowledge of Bayesian data analysis or Bayesian time series modeling techniques
- Previous experience working with tools like Pandas.
- Permanent Contract
- Multi Sport Card
- Medical Insurance
- Life assurance
- Lunch Vouchers
- Training and Development opportunities
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado are an equal opportunities employer and as such make every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.