Sorry, this vacancy is now closed
- Closing date
- 20 Mar 2017
- 40 hours per week
- Contract type
- Krakow, Poland
- Vacancy description
Wild about the web? Crazy about customer-experience? Well we’ve got the job for you….
We’re looking for another product owner to join the Product team responsible for the direction of our next-generation grocery webshop on the Ocado Smart Platform.
As Product Owner you’ll be responsible for the direction of product development and will work with our retail partners and delivery teams to help define this vision. You’ll play a key role in making this vision a reality, taking functionality from problem definition through to delivery. It doesn’t end there though, once the features are in the hands of our customers you’ll use data to understand what works, what doesn’t and constantly iterate from there.
We operate in an agile environment and have a focus on continuous delivery of high value, working software.
Roles & Responsibilities
- You’re passionate about the future of retail and e-commerce.
- You have a focus on delivering early and iterating. You’re allergic to big-bang, ‘death or glory’ delivery and actively seek to deliver in a way which avoids this.
- You question the status-quo and are always looking for ways to work smarter and better.
- You’re able to foster collaboration both within and between teams.
- You’re able to make use of data to build a picture of our customers as well as validate hypotheses and design decisions.
- Develop the product vision and strategy to drive our next generation grocery websites and apps forward
- Product backlog management, including defining user stories and prioritisation
- Work with stakeholders to prioritise stories to maximise business value created by the development teams for your product
- Focus the development teams on delivering value, balancing multiple streams of requirements so that they can concentrate on what they do best: creating a great product!
- Facilitate development by working with design and UX teams to ensure the developers have the things they need to keep moving forwards
- Constantly monitor progress, looking for ways to improve the product and make adjustments based on strategic goals
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience of working in an agile environment, ideally as a PO, but possibly as an agile coach or a similar role.
- An analytic mind set.
- An appreciation of UX
- An understanding and appreciation for software development and design.
- Good academics
- Experience working with Continuous Delivery
- A strong track record in the retail, e-commerce or commercial software development sectors.
- Previous experience in a Product Development role
- Track record delivering high quality software that meets business need in a timely fashion.