We’re Ocado Technology. We architect and build the ground-breaking, game-changing technology solutions that power Ocado, the world's largest online-only grocery retailer. We don’t do off-the-shelf. We don’t do easy. Because we’re writing, building and running all our own software systems, we’re constantly pushing the limits of what technology can do. And when we say ‘we’, we mean ‘you’. Join us and you’ll work across a phenomenal breadth of technology, with incredibly passionate people, to create reliable, resilient, scalable and optimised software systems.
We are looking for talented engineers to join us in developing a brand new retail platform hosted in the Public Cloud. This is a great opportunity to utilise and further develop your skills and experience of cloud technologies by contributing to a strategic project for Ocado Technology.
As a member of the AWS Cloud Services team you will be building upon the managed services, APIs and expertise of Amazon Web Services. You will be working alongside development and infrastructure teams to design, deliver, automate and operate the platform which hosts our business critical applications.
We are a cross functional, agile team looking for candidates from a variety of backgrounds. Our goal is to create a platform that will empower our development teams and service our customers. If you have experience as a software developer, DevOps Engineer, Linux system Administrator and/or Network Security Engineer, if you are driven, enjoy learning and working in a team and if you want to see your well crafted solutions making a difference, then apply now.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of Public Cloud technologies.
- Demonstrable Development and/or scripting abilities.
- Knowledge of the full stack and a higher view of all the connecting pieces.
- An appreciation for DevOps methods (communication, collaboration, integration & automation).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of Web Application architectures.
- Web Application development; Python/Django or Java preferred, but not essential.
- Build and deployment mechanisms, continuous delivery methods.Scripting; Bash, Python or similar.
- Configuration management tools. Linux system administration.
- Internet technologies ( DNS, TCP, load balancing, etc).
- Appreciation of security, reliability, scalability and availability requirements.
What we can offer you
Technically stretching work is a given. We want you to push technological boundaries and create solutions to problems people haven’t even thought about yet; so we’ll give you the freedom and the tools and the playful, stimulating working environment you need to do what’s never been done before. While red tape’s conspicuous by its absence, rewards are plentiful: as well as a competitive salary and share schemes, benefits include pension scheme, interest-free season ticket loan, free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and, of course, a healthy 15% Ocado staff discount (and free delivery). We also have Friday socials on the first Friday of every month, sports clubs such as badminton, running and table tennis (and many more) not to mention our frequently used football table.
Find out more about Ocado Technology at ocadotechnology.com
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.