We’re Ocado Technology. We design and build the online platform that powers ocado.com and groceries.morrisons.com which are the largest online-only grocery retailer, and the fastest growing online supermarket in the world!
We write and build all our own systems, from website to warehouse control systems, van routing systems to mobile apps, every system involved in our e-commerce and logistics operation has been carefully crafted by our team of passionate software engineers.
We have a rapidly expanding portfolio of amazing software products being developed in Barcelona. And we work closely with our development teams in our other centres around the world.
We are currently seeking a User Experience Designer to join our talented mobile development team in Barcelona. Our international mobile team create our award winning suite of mobile apps that now generate around 50% of our weekly orders. The team develops apps for iOS and Android. As the percentage of weekly orders taken on mobile is growing rapidly it is backed by major new projects within the team.
What will you be doing?
As an UX Designer for the mobile team within Ocado Technology, you will be responsible for producing world-class user experience solutions for the Ocado mobile app. This can be anything from optimizing our current features and improving the flows to designing for other devices such as wearables or TV apps. You’ll work collaboratively with the Development team, Information Architects, UX Designers and Clients and be able to establish and maintain ongoing communications with key business stakeholders. You’ll have a passion for design & technology, specifically native app design and keep up-to-date with the latest trends, sharing these with your fellow team members.
We would like you to have:
● Experience designing native apps for iOS and Android
● Possess strong user experience design portfolio demonstrating innovation and pragmatism.
● Excellent knowledge of Usability and User Experience across mobile and tablet for native applications.
● The ability to make complex tasks simple – we’re talking cognitive overhead reduction.
● Excellent attention to detail – It’s all about the details.
● Experience using animations to enrich the user experience.
● The ability to manage your own workflow, document and communicate clearly to others less technical or visually articulate than you.
● The ability to meet deadlines while handling multiple projects simultaneously.
● Excellent working knowledge of IA/UX/design software e.g. OmniGraffle, Axure, Adobe CS/CC.
● Experience of e-commerce and work with numerical data (statistical/ financial aspects) is a bonus.
● A Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent), ideally in visual communication design, human computer interaction or computer science with proven experience in design.
Would be great if you also had:
● Knowledge of SCRUM or other Agile methodologies
● Proven ability of tackling challenging projects
We can offer you:
A relaxed, international, talented, creative and friendly environment where we will provide you with the best tools to develop amazing stuff. We invest in our employees, ensuring we provide them with the best in house and external training programs available. We also really encourage people to attend conferences and be involved in the local development community.
- Flexible working hours with short Fridays
- Reduced hours in August
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Ticket Restaurant Scheme
- Free fresh fruit, snacks, tea and coffee
- Monthly drinks events
- Table football
- English and Spanish language courses
We are right next to Sants station, a central area of Barcelona. We are just getting going, which makes it a very exciting time to join!
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology! Find out more about us at http://www.ocadotechnology.com
Due to the fast paced nature of our business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.