We’re Ocado Technology. We design and build the online platform that powers ocado.com and groceries.morrisons.com which are the largest online-only grocery retailer, and the fastest growing online supermarket in the world!
We write and build all our own systems, from website to warehouse control systems, van routing systems to mobile apps, every system involved in our e-commerce and logistics operation has been carefully crafted by our team of passionate software engineers.
We have a rapidly expanding portfolio of amazing software products being developed in Barcelona. And we work closely with our development teams in our other centres around the world.
You will be part of our OSP Fraud Detection team which is a brand new team working in our newest development centre in Barcelona, building cutting edge technology for our OSP platform. The team will be working on a green-field project to build a machine learning based system for detecting fraudulent activity on our OSP e-commerce platform.
We use Java and Scala, relying on Spring and Akka to deliver our projects. We use AWS for all our new deployments. We embrace agile development techniques, and run all our projects as Scrum projects as part of a cross functional team. Alongside the ownership and ongoing development of all new functionality, there is particular focus on performance, scalability and maintainability. We are looking for a dedicated Senior Java Developer to join our OSP Fraud Detection team as we continue to push the boundaries of online shopping.
Skills and Experience
- Título de Licenciado o Grado en Ingeniería Informática (A good degree in Computer Science or related subject)
- You’ll have strong OOP and software design skills
- Extensive experience in Java and other OO languages
- Passionate about developing high-quality enterprise software
- Good spoken and written English
- Happy to take an active role in supporting the business needs
- Passion and understanding for TDD
Nice to have
- A fanaticism for clean code!
- An understanding and interest in Machine Learning and Data Science
- Working experience in a micro-services environment
- Comfortable working in an Agile team
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment
- A mastery of git!
We can offer you:
A relaxed, international, talented, creative and friendly environment where we will provide you with the best tools to develop amazing stuff. We invest in our employees, ensuring we provide them with the best in house and external training programs available. We also really encourage people to attend conferences and be involved in the local developer community.
- Flexible working hours with short Fridays
- Reduced hours in August
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Ticket Restaurant Scheme
- Free fresh fruit, snacks, tea and coffee
- Monthly drinks events
- Table football
- English and Spanish language courses
We are right next to Sants station, a central area of Barcelona. We are just getting going, which makes it a very exciting time to join!
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology! Find out more about us at http://www.ocadotechnology.com
Due to the fast paced nature of our business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.