We’re Ocado Technology. We architect and build the ground-breaking, game-changing technology solutions that power Ocado, the world's largest online-only grocery retailer. We don’t do off-the-shelf. We don’t do easy. Because we’re writing, building and running all our own software systems, we’re constantly pushing the limits of what technology can do. And when we say ‘we’, we mean ‘you’. Join us and you’ll work across a phenomenal breadth of technology, with incredibly smart people, to create reliable, resilient, scalable and optimised software systems.
As part of the Technology infrastructure team you will be responsible for the creation, administration and management of projects. Working in conjunction with the project managers and implementation team. The successful candidate will need to be able to support multiple project teams and have an excellent attention to detail and focus on following through to completion. This role will provide you with the opportunity to work with all areas of Technology and the wider business.
- Assist the Implementation team plan, execute, and finalise projects according to deadlines and within budget.
- Marshalling resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third party suppliers, contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
- Work with all other Technology departments in respect to managing and administering the risk and audit process. Ensuring risk and issue logs are up to date and actions have been completed.
- Responsible for liaising with, and working on behalf of, the engineers within the production infrastructure team to ensure that resourcing is available when required.
- Ensuring that risks and issues are managed and communicated to the project manager and the implementation team leader and that any new risks are identified and tracked.
- Run small-medium projects working with little supervision.
- Work closely with all areas within IT to help manage workloads and priorities and help with engagement with the wider business.
- Proactive and always looking to implement improvements to existing, and recommending new process where required.
- Possess the ability to investigate issues using data driven investigations.
- Work well under pressure.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to plan and organise varied tasks across multiple teams (Project Management).
- Demonstrable experience in IT projects.
- Understanding of at least one Project Management methodology is desirable.
- Attention to detail and excellent documentation authoring.
Additional beneficial skills:
- CAD and or Sketch-up skills
- Google Apps
- MS Office Project,EXCEL and PowerPoint proficiency.
What we can offer you
Technically stretching work is a given. We want you to push technological boundaries and create solutions to problems people haven’t even thought about yet; so we’ll give you the freedom and the tools and the playful, stimulating working environment you need to do what’s never been done before. While red tape’s conspicuous by its absence, rewards are plentiful: as well as a competitive salary, benefits include pension scheme, interest-free season ticket loan and, of course, a healthy 15% Ocado staff discount (and free delivery).
Find out more about Ocado Technology at http://www.ocadotechnology.com
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.