Java Web Engineer
Sorry, this vacancy is now closed
- Closing date
- 01 Sep 2016
- 40 hours per week
- Contract type
- Wroclaw, Poland
- Vacancy description
We’re Ocado Technology. We architect and build ground-breaking, game-changing technology solutions that power Ocado, the world's largest online-only grocery retailer. We don’t do off-the-shelf. We don’t do basic. Because we’re writing, building and running all our own software systems, we’re constantly pushing the limits of what technology can do. And when we say ‘we’, we mean ‘you’. Join us and you’ll work across a phenomenal breadth of technology, with incredibly smart people, to create reliable, resilient, scalable and optimised software systems.
Who you are
What you'll do
- Create maintainable, reusable and scalable backend code using Java and Spring framework.
- Work closely with the rest of the GM team to develop clean interfaces, using HTML5, CSS3/SASS and Angular.js framework.
- Work with internal stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle and ensure project work is completed to brief and timescales.
- Keep a keen eye on the latest industry trends and techniques and apply them as part of your day-to-day work.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team in an agile development environment
Your skills and experience should include:
- Experienced as full stack developer in a cross functional team
- Ability to create high quality code no matter what language you’re using
- Experience with the Spring framework
- Working knowledge of HTML5, accessibility and web standards
- Modern CSS techniques and frontend assets processing
- Angular.js experience
- Team player with good communication skills
Nice to have:
- AWS platform, including Elastic Beanstalk, DynamoDB, SQS, SNS, S3 etc.
- Experience with Microservices
- Knowledge of SCRUM or other Agile methodologies
- Not afraid of challenging projects
- Working experience with Bootstrap, Foundation
- Experience in cross browser development and testing
- Experience in creating responsive designs
- Experience/Understanding of AMD patterns
- Experience with Node.js
- Version control (Git)
- Task/Bug tracking (Jira etc)
- Experience of working together with a backend developers and UX experts