We're Ocado Technology. We design and build the platform that powers Ocado, the world's largest online-only grocery retailer. We're also putting the world's retailers online, including Morrisons (the fastest growing online supermarket in the world), Fetch, Sizzle, and Fabled by Marie Claire.
We write and build all our own systems, from website to warehouse control systems, van routing systems to mobile apps, every system involved in our e-commerce and logistics operation has been carefully crafted by our team of passionate software engineers.
We have a rapidly expanding portfolio of amazing software products being developed in Barcelona. And we work closely with our development teams in our other centres around the world.
Here’s a list of the things that we’d be looking for but more important than any individual skill you will demonstrate strong alignment to the Ocado Technology values of Autonomy, Collaboration, Craftsmanship, Learn Fast and Trust.
Skills and Experience
- Proven experience leading a team of software engineers and applying principles of continuous improvement
- Agile advocate with good knowledge of scrum, kanban and lean working practices
- Good ability to understand the business domain and foster a good relationship with the business and product owner
- Experience recruiting staff and mentoring development teams
- Architectural oversight, technical leadership and strategic direction
- Strong programming and object-oriented design skills
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Pragmatic, but with a keen eye for detail
- Happy leading teams of developers of various technical disciplines
- Licenciado o Título de Ingeniero en Ingeniería Informática o Tecnologías de la Información (A good degree in Computer Science or related subject)
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Java, AWS, Cloud Computing and NoSQL
- Knowledge of Web Services and micro-service architectures
- A fanaticism for clean code!
- Passion and understanding for TDD, pair programming and other agile practices
- Practical experience with continuous delivery
- A mastery of git!
We can offer you:
A relaxed, international, talented, creative and friendly environment (phew!) where we will provide you with the best tools to develop amazing stuff. We invest in our employees, ensuring we provide them with the best in house and external training programs available. We also really encourage people to attend conferences and be involved in the local developer community.
- Flexible working hours with short Fridays
- Reduced hours in August
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Ticket Restaurant Scheme
- Free fresh fruit, snacks, tea and coffee
- Monthly drinks events
- Table football
- English and Spanish language courses
We are right next to Sants station, a central area of Barcelona. We are just getting going, which makes it a very exciting time to join!
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology! Find out more about us at http://www.ocadotechnology.com
Due to the fast paced nature of our business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.