Head of Enterprise Applications
Corporate Solution Management, Selection and Delivery
At Ocado Technology we architect and build the ground-breaking, game-changing technology solutions that power Ocado, the world's largest online-only grocery retailer. While we write, build and run the software for our business, we also use applications that are available on the market to help to support the operation of our central head office functions. Currently the support of these applications is spread across a variety of areas which has worked well, but is no longer optimal in such a fast growing organisation.
In a nutshell
This is a senior organisational and leadership role in a highly technical environment. You will work across Ocado Technology helping to manage the selection, implementation and continuing support of the wide variety of business software solutions that help our highly ambitious and fast changing organisation to function. You will collaborate with people across the business to understand the needs of their organisations. You will be heavily involved in negotiations with 3rd party Vendors as needed. You will have the opportunity to lead development teams to help to further develop and configure solutions to optimise their use at Ocado. You will have the opportunity to create and develop your own team in a well supported and positive environment.
Join us and you’ll work across a phenomenal breadth of technology, with incredibly smart people, to continue the development of this unique organisation.
What do I need to do
- Work with Ocado divisions to understand and define their business requirements.
- Work with the users, to assess the technical and functional fit of 3rd party applications.
- Ensure that the 3rd party solutions are compatible with the infrastructure and platforms at Ocado so that they can be well supported after go live.
- Negotiate with 3rd party Vendors to ensure that their offer is optimised for Ocados Head Office function.
- Work with 3rd party Vendors and users, to implement and configure their solutions so that they work well for Ocado.
- Work with the Ocado user community so that the selected solutions are adopted by Ocado.
- Drive the continuous development of technical solutions at Ocado to improve processes and efficiency across the company.
- Ensure that the support requirements for 3rd party solutions are understood, and work with our operational department to ensure the application is supported in a way that meets the needs of the business.
- Where there is no solution to meet the needs of the business, lead a software engineering team to develop and implement a custom solution.
- Build a mixed skills team at Ocado to support the head office functions of the business going forward.
- Manage and support the members of their team to enable them to be able to achieve their potential in their role.
What will I need to know
- A technical background - ideally as a software engineer.
- To possess a primary degree that is technical, scientific or numerate.
- Previous experience in a senior leadership role, within a highly technical and Agile environment.
- Strong leadership skills, able to inspire confidence and deliver a compelling vision.
- Experience at leading teams implementing corporate wide enterprise solutions is important.
- Ability to build effective working relationships, influence at all levels and communicate effectively to different levels of management throughout the business.
- Being a strong negotiator with experience of working with external Vendors to deliver optimal solutions to the business.
- Self-motivated, able to deliver under deadlines and multi-task under pressure in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment.
- Highly organised and resilient with an eye for detail and strong analytical skills.
- Strategic Thinker and Idea Generator.
What we can offer you
We’ll give you the tools and the stimulating working environment you need to do what’s never been done before. We offer a competitive salary, benefits include pension scheme, interest-free season ticket loan and, of course, a healthy 15% Ocado staff discount (and free delivery).
Find out more about Ocado Technology at http://www.ocadotechnology.com
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.