Infrastructure Engineer - Operations
Sorry, this vacancy is now closed
- Closing date
- 06 Jan 2016
- 40 hours per week
- Contract type
- Hatfield (Head Office)
- Vacancy description
We’re Ocado Technology. We architect and build the ground-breaking, game changing technology solutions that power Ocado, the world's largest online-only grocery retailer. We don’t do off-the-shelf. We don’t do easy. Because we’re writing, building and running all our own software systems, we’re constantly pushing the limits of what technology can do. And when we say ‘we’, we mean ‘you’. Join us and you’ll work across a phenomenal breadth of technology, with incredibly smart people, to create reliable, resilient, scalable and optimised software systems.
We are seeking Infrastructure Engineers to work for the Technology Operations Centre, with responsibility for the installation and maintenance of all the IT equipment and associated physical infrastructure within Ocado's data centres, server rooms and Operational facilities in all locations.
- Server room / Network Cable provisioning and testing.
- Installation and Commissioning of new server/network/storage equipment, hardware swap-outs and component replacements.
- Asset management of all Server room infrastructure.
- Managing/maintaining the Datacentre facilities including power, cooling and overall capacity.
- Document, monitor and enforce operational standards for the datacentres.
- Supplier liaison - arranging orders and deliveries with infrastructure vendors.
- The role may require foreign and domestic travel to visit sites and may require work in the evenings and weekends.
- Prior IT experience is not a pre-requisite, however must demonstrate a real interest in IT.
- Methodical thought processes
- Attention to detail
- Evidence of ability to work independently
- Current clean driving license required
- Enthusiasm and Passion for excellence
- Prior experience working in an IT environment.
- Prior experience in Electrical or Mechanical Installation
What we can offer you
Technically stretching work is a given. We want you to push technological boundaries and create solutions to problems people haven’t even thought about yet; so we’ll give you the freedom and the tools and the playful, stimulating working environment you need to do what’s never been done before. While red tape’s conspicuous by its absence, rewards are plentiful: as well as a competitive salary, benefits include pension scheme, interest-free season ticket loan and, of course, a healthy 15% Ocado staff discount (and free delivery).
Find out more about Ocado Technology at http://www.ocadotechnology.com
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.