We’re Ocado Technology. We architect and build the ground-breaking, game-changing technology solutions that power Ocado, the world's largest online-only grocery retailer. We don’t do off-the-shelf. We don’t do easy. Because we’re writing, building and running all our own software systems, we’re constantly pushing the limits of what technology can do. And when we say ‘we’, we mean ‘you’. Join us and you’ll work across a phenomenal breadth of technology, with incredibly smart people, to create reliable, resilient, scalable and optimised software systems.
We are looking for a Business Analyst who can provide the link between our software development teams and the business, as well as having experience of the full project lifecycle from gathering requirements to implementation.
This role would suit someone who enjoys working in a varied, flexible and autonomous role in a challenging environment.
What we'd like you to do
- To work with users to understand their requirements on a number of projects in Ocado’s Customer Fulfilment Centres, and OSP Clients.
- To help translate those requirements into a viable system design.
- To work with the development team to translate the design into a fully tested solution.
- To be able to work outside of their main role as required. This could be project management or software development, depending on the individual’s skill set.
- To develop testing and analysis tools for support of continuous development in an agile environment.
- To provide consultative expertise for design of business processes, and business partner integration through knowledge of the Ocado CFC Systems capabilities and architectures.
- To become an effective part of the support structure providing 24x7 assistance to production issues, including fault finding and resolution.
What we look for
- 1st / 2.1 degree in Computer Science/Maths/Physics or Engineering
- Full systems development life cycle experience using at least one standard methodology (e.g. RUP, Agile, XP).
- Working with databases including SQL for data mining purposes.
- Candidate should have at least 3 years experience performing a business analyst role, and be very familiar with Agile methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and the ability to communicate effectively with end users and senior management alike.
- Versatility and flexible approach to role responsibilities in a fast paced and changeable environment.
- Recent programming and/or project management.
- Working knowledge of Java, Google Apps Script and Python programming
- Experience in e-commerce and retail & distribution
What we can offer you
Technically stretching work is a given. We want you to push technological boundaries and create solutions to problems people haven’t even thought about yet; so we’ll give you the freedom and the tools and the playful, stimulating working environment you need to do what’s never been done before. While red tape’s conspicuous by its absence, rewards are plentiful: as well as a competitive salary, benefits include pension scheme, share schemes, interest-free season ticket loan and, of course, a healthy 15% Ocado staff discount (and free delivery).
Find out more about Ocado Technology at http://www.ocadotechnology.com
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only.
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.