Ocado Technology is a leading automation specialist in the UK and is renowned for its advanced software and controls technology, which it uses to create unique retail and logistics solutions for its online retail business. An existing team of in-house automation specialists is looking to bolster the company’s expertise in the embedded systems space and has a number of exciting projects underway. With this in mind, we are looking for people with a really strong track record designing and implementing complex controls software solutions.
Are you that person?
- Extensive experience developing micro-controller based control software for industrial applications.
- Experience with multi-axis motion control solutions preferably for material handling.
- Design and development of real-time control software and the use of Real Time OS.
- Experience developing high reliability software in in C/C++ (possibly using MISRA or JSF C++ standards).
- Good knowledge of Interfaces - UART, SPI, CAN, I2C etc.
- ARM (Cortex M4) experience desirable.
- Strong problem solving credentials, technical leadership and ability to innovate.
- A good degree, ideally in mechatronics, robotics or electrical engineering or a related subject.
What we can offer you.
Technically stretching work is a given. We want you to push technological boundaries and create solutions to problems people haven’t even thought about yet; so we’ll give you the freedom and the tools and the playful, stimulating working environment you need to do what’s never been done before. While red tape’s conspicuous by its absence, rewards are plentiful:
- The opportunity to work on some transformative automation projects.
- A senior role within our controls team, including software design and the opportunity to define our standards.
- An industry leading salary and rewards package including pension, 23 days holiday, private medical insurance, and interest-free season ticket loans.
- A healthy 15% Ocado staff discount (and free delivery).
- A relocation package may also be available, depending on personal circumstances.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.