On the surface, we are the world’s largest online-only grocery retailer. Customers use our award winning mobile applications and website to place their orders, which are picked and packed in our world-class automated warehouse, and delivered in one hour time slots.
Look under the surface however, and you will unearth a dynamic technology company that has the look, feel and culture of an innovative start-up. That’s because we build all the infrastructure and software that powers Ocado in-house. From the data-centres that host our systems, the network, servers and storage that run the applications to the software that drives our warehouse, webshop and route optimisation.
We are seeking two Desktop Support Services Senior Technicians to ensure the smooth running of day to day objectives, delivering excellent customer service and first class technical support for the employees at Ocado’s Head Office in Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City and London offices.
Key Customers - Directors, Senior Management, Ocado Head Office employees.The DSS is a dynamic environment with new challenges and technologies being constantly developed and deployed. The successful applicant will work closely (mentor) with junior members of the DSS and will need to take the initiative to assist and progress incidents where necessary.
The head office DSS is currently providing business support between 07:00hrs - 19:00hrs (Monday-Friday) on a 9 hour shift.
- Full spectrum helpdesk support covering all aspects of helpdesk.
- Delivering a first class service, focusing on customer satisfaction and responding to internal customer’s needs.
- Close attention to Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and setting a clear expectation to the customer is a must.
- Acting as intermediary (in conjunction with the Helpdesk Team Leader) between the helpdesk and infrastructure/server teams.
- Mentoring and providing detailed technical assistance to other/junior members of the helpdesk team.
- Participate and implement elements of business projects as and when required.
- Participation within the technical team and ensuring a good work ethic.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures clearly and the forethought to highlight necessary amendments, ensuring documentation is current.
- Customer Service – delivering excellent customer service to all employees.
- Communication & Impact – strong verbal and written communication essential when detailing incident logs and interaction with internal stakeholders.
- Innovation & Problem Solving - able to solve complex problems, participates in continuous improvement, adapts the ideas of others.
- Teamwork – works well with others and actively contributes towards team objectives.
- Productivity, Drive & Achievement – proactive approach, gets things done, demonstrates accountability and ownership, prioritises own workload.
- Technical Excellence – demonstrates intellectual rigour, possesses relevant abilities and is able to pick up new skills quickly.
- Business Awareness – ability to apply learned skills, awareness beyond immediate area/role and understanding of when to escalate.
- Adaptability - working under pressure, flexible, positive and focused during times of change
- 1st and 2nd line support experience within a large helpdesk; the emphasis being 2nd line.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a 2nd line support capacity.
- Ability to provide technical support on Windows 7/8 and MAC OS X.
- A strong understanding of network infrastructure.
- Android, iOS and BlackBerry configuration skills desirable.
- Microsoft certification and equivalent (i.e. MCITP, ITIL, etc.)
- A strong focus on providing excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Logical problem solving.
- Team player with the ability to motivate and mentor other team members.
- Ability to provide technical support on Citrix based Thin ClientsAndroid, iOS and Blackberry configuration
- Mentoring junior members of a team
- An IT or Customer Service qualification (i.e. Microsoft, ITIL Foundation, etc.)
NOTE: The successful candidate will be subject to a technical test as part of the interview process.
What we can offer you
Technically stretching work is a given. We want you to push technological boundaries and create solutions to problems people haven’t even thought about yet; so we’ll give you the freedom and the tools and the playful, stimulating working environment you need to do what’s never been done before. While red tape’s conspicuous by its absence, rewards are plentiful: as well as a competitive salary, benefits include pension scheme, share schemes, interest-free season ticket loan and, of course, a healthy 15% Ocado staff discount (and free delivery).
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only.