We’re Ocado Technology. We architect and build the ground-breaking, game-changing technology solutions that power Ocado, the world's largest online-only grocery retailer. We don’t do off-the-shelf. We don’t do easy. Because we’re writing, building and running all our own software systems, we’re constantly pushing the limits of what technology can do. And when we say ‘we’, we mean ‘you’. Join us and you’ll work across a phenomenal breadth of technology, with incredibly smart people, to create reliable, resilient, scalable and optimised software systems.
What does the Payment team do
The Payment Systems team are responsible for the design and development of systems and tools to support our payment processing. The team actively develop and maintain Ocado’s integration with our payment providers. You will work closely with the finance team and web team to improve Ocado’s payment processing and fraud detection systems as well as working on a bespoke system to support customer returns and refunds.
What we’d like you to do
Participate effectively and proactively in all aspects of software development processes for the Payment Systems team including
- Software construction (coding);
- Requirements analysis;
- Software and data design;
- Development and execution of application tests including unit, integration, system, regression and performance;
- Deployment of production ready code;
- Investigation and resolution of production issues;
- Performance tuning;
- Maintenance and support of existing systems;
- Code review and change control;
- Support production systems as required outside of standard working hours.
What we look for
- 2:1 or First class degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or similar technical degree
- Strong secondary education in Maths, Physics and/or other numerate subjects
- Strong Java programming skills with in-depth understanding of underpinning techniques
- Experience in the full Software Development life-cycle from design to deployment
- Proven ability of tackling challenging projects
- Demonstrable problem solving skills
- Computer Science or Software Engineering postgraduate qualifications from recognised course/University
- Understanding of databases
- Experience on payment processing systems
- Experience developing fraud detection systems
- Application security
What we can offer you
Technically stretching work is a given. We want you to push technological boundaries and create solutions to problems people haven’t even thought about yet; so we’ll give you the freedom and the tools and the playful, stimulating working environment you need to do what’s never been done before. While red tape’s conspicuous by its absence, rewards are plentiful: as well as a competitive salary, benefits include pension scheme, share schemes, interest-free season ticket loan and, of course, a healthy 15% Ocado staff discount (and free delivery).
Find out more about Ocado Technology at http://www.ocadotechnology.com
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.