We’re Ocado Technology. We architect and build the ground-breaking, game changing technology solutions that power Ocado, the world's largest online-only grocery retailer. We don’t do off-the-shelf. We don’t do easy. Because we’re writing, building and running all our own software systems, we’re constantly pushing the limits of what technology can do. And when we say ‘we’, we mean ‘you’. Join us and you’ll work across a phenomenal breadth of technology, with incredibly smart people building and supporting reliable, resilient, scalable and optimised software systems.
In Technology Operations, we are looking for Incident Managers, the best of the best, you should have a clear passion and drive to excel in this role, taking our Technology Operations to the next level
You will be responsible for driving the restoration of IT services. Driving communication of incidents across our business. Then when the dust has settled you will be responsible for ensuring that we understand the root cause and that the revealed issues are managed.
You will be a customer champion, empowered to own and drive improvements to our software and processes. You will be an ambassador for Technology Operations and will identify and maintain key internal relationships and external stakeholders to continually improve the reputation of Ocado and the customer IT function.
- End to end responsibility for the management, communication, escalation, investigation and resolution of incidents, ensuring Business / Customer updates are timely and of sufficient quality, arranging discussions and updates as required.
- Ensure that all modes of communication are effectively used throughout the incident life cycle.
- Acting as Incident escalation focal point, identifying and resolving conflict and bottlenecks.
- Creation of agreed action plans with named actions & deadlines. Accountable for the Delivery of that plan.
- Document post incident recovery steps in order to establish Root Cause, aid in Process improvements, identify deviations and to enable creation of a Knowledge Base.
- Driving, developing and managing the major incident process and associated procedures / systems.
- Providing consolidated production incident metrics to the Head of Technology Operations and Operations Centre Manager along with resolution rates.
- Develop and Maintain a Skills matrix around agreed Critical Systems for use in Incident Situations
- Be an Evangelist for the Incident Management Process
- *Please note that this role will operate on a 24/7 12 hour shift pattern*
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing skills, interacting appropriately with users of many technical skill levels, remaining calm and courteous while working to resolve problems.
- Experience in an Incident Management Role within IT i.e.
- Technical understanding of an Enterprise Architecture environment.
- Strong analytical/fault finding/diagnostics/trouble-shooting skills.
- Methodical approach to problem solving and attention to detail.
- Effective time management skills; with the ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously requiring experience with prioritizing tasks due to shifting priorities, fluctuating workloads, and deadline pressures.
- Degree level education or equivalent
- ITIL Certified
- Strong technical competencies resulting from previous working experience at expert level within an IT operational or support environment.
- Experience of Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud Platform
- Virtualization knowledge and experience.
What we can offer you
Technically stretching work is a given. We want you to push technological boundaries and create solutions to problems people haven’t even thought about yet; so we’ll give you the freedom and the tools and the playful, stimulating working environment you need to do what’s never been done before. While red tape’s conspicuous by its absence, rewards are plentiful: as well as a competitive salary and share schemes, benefits include pension scheme, private health, interest-free season ticket loan, free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and, of course, healthy Ocado staff discounts (and free delivery) across our Webshops including Groceries, Fetch, Sizzle and Fabled.
We also have Friday socials on the first Friday of every month, sports clubs such as badminton, running and table tennis (and many more) not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and even external guest speakers.