We’re Ocado Technology. We architect and build the ground-breaking, game-changing technology solutions that power Ocado, the world's largest online-only grocery retailer. We don’t do off-the-shelf. We don’t do easy. Because we’re writing, building and running all our own software systems, we’re constantly pushing the limits of what technology can do. And when we say ‘we’, we mean ‘you’. Join us and you’ll work across a phenomenal breadth of technology, with incredibly smart people, to create reliable, resilient, scalable and optimised software systems.
What I need to do
The Network Engineer role encompasses all aspects of enterprise networking from design and vendor selection through to implementation and finally operational support. We operate a multi-vendor network that includes equipment from Cisco, Juniper, Brocade and Aruba. We also encourage the use of open source solutions and have the freedom to develop our own applications when necessary. This role is to work in a close team environment where all members are expected to be hands on. This role will involve managing small projects involving gathering requirements from the business and technical teams What I need to know
- CCNP/JNCIP certified or equivalent experience
- Thorough understanding of the ISO/OSI Model and TCP/IP Stack
- High availability enterprising Switching [ VLANs, VRRP, STP, LAGs ] on IOS or JunOS
- High availability Enterprise routing [ OSPF, BGP ] on IOS or JunOS
- QOS principles
- Understanding of VPN technologies and associated firewall policies
- Strong communication skills both on a technical and non-technical level
- Ability to manage own workload and deadlines
- Expertise in managing small projects and directly gather requirements from the business and other IT teams
- You may be asked to join a 24*7 callout rota 1 week out of 4
- 2:1 or First degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering or equivalent
- MPLS on Juniper MX, SRX or QFX
- Valid driving license
- It would be advantageous if you had experience of the following: Internet BGP on IOS or JunOS, Asterisk PBX, F5 BIG-IP Load Balancers, Python programming, Unix Scripting, Firewall IDP NAC, Netflow Sflow, Radius
What we can offer you
Technically stretching work is a given. We want you to push technological boundaries and create solutions to problems people haven’t even thought about yet; so we’ll give you the freedom and the tools and the playful, stimulating working environment you need to do what’s never been done before. While red tape’s conspicuous by its absence, rewards are plentiful: as well as a competitive salary, benefits include pension scheme, interest-free season ticket loan and, of course, a healthy 15% Ocado staff discount (and free delivery).
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.