Who we are
We’re Ocado Technology. We architect and build ground-breaking, game-changing technology solutions that power Ocado, the world's largest online-only grocery retailer. We don’t do off-the-shelf. We don’t do basic. Because we’re writing, building and running all our own software systems, we’re constantly pushing the limits of what technology can do. And when we say ‘we’, we mean ‘you’. Join us and you’ll work across a phenomenal breadth of technology, with incredibly smart people, to create reliable, resilient, scalable and optimised software systems.
Who you are
What you'll do
- Working closely with UX and the rest of the Webshop team you'll develop accessible, semantic and beautiful interfaces, using HTML5, CSS3/SASS.
- Work with internal stakeholders throughout the project life-cycle and ensure project work is completed to brief and timescales.
- Keep a keen eye on the latest industry trends and techniques and love applying them as part of your day-to-day work.
- Be part of a team in an agile development environment
What we would like to see from you
You’ll be an experienced Front End Developer with strong written and verbal communication as well as the skills listed below.
- Modern CSS techniques and pre-processors (SASS/LESS)
- Cross-browser development/unit testing
- Mobile web development
- Experience/Understanding of AMD patterns
- Understanding of MVC development (Backbone, AngularJS etc)
- UI Testing
What we can offer you
Technically stretching work is a given. We want you to push technological boundaries and create solutions to problems people haven’t even thought about yet; so we’ll give you the freedom and the tools and the playful, stimulating working environment you need to do what’s never been done before. While red tape’s conspicuous by its absence, rewards are plentiful: as well as a competitive salary, benefits include pension scheme, share schemes, interest-free season ticket loan and, of course, a healthy 15% Ocado staff discount (and free delivery).