We’re Ocado Technology. We architect and build the ground-breaking, game-changing technology solutions that power Ocado, the world's largest online-only grocery retailer. We don’t do off-the-shelf. We don’t do easy. Because we’re writing, building and running all our own software systems, we’re constantly pushing the limits of what technology can do. And when we say ‘we’, we mean ‘you’. Join us and you’ll work across a phenomenal breadth of technology, with incredibly smart people, to create reliable, resilient, scalable and optimised software systems.
Currently recruiting for a Head of Technology Operations who will provide the technical operational leadership across a number of internal and external teams to ensure that KPIs and SLAs are met.
You will have responsiblity for:
What we would like from you:
- Managing & leading the organisation responsible for technical support and client service delivery. Managing IT Operations, Application Support, Service Desk and DeskTop Support functions.
- Manage and develop the program for incident, request and problem management services.
- Leading the Major Incident management function through a process of continuous improvement and providing expertise.
- Provide direction for the highly technical team that supports the complex environments
- Responsible for the effective operation and support of the Ocado Technology environment, ensuring the availability of the systems that run the Ocado business 24*7 from our heavily automated warehouses, to our delivery systems and online sites.
- Manage the operations of both on premise and cloud solutions, and interface with the development teams to build and maintain highly efficient relationships.
- Driving process optimisation leveraging ITIL service practices and disciplines and interleaving them into DevOps best practices, enabling teams to implement improvements to provide world class coverage and support.
- Responsible for managing the organisation that provide L0- L3 technical infrastructure support in addition to desktop support, vendor management.
- Defining the structure and role of monitoring/alerting and its integration with the development teams.
- Develop a long term vision of the role of Technology Operations in the business. Defining process and tool improvements to drive the organisation forwards.
- Lead and Drive vendor negotiations to ensure maximum benefit for both parties.
- Proven experience running a large global IT Operations Organisation including exposure to procurement and business management processes.
- Experience with integrating support for on premise and cloud based infrastructure
- Ability to think strategically beyond the needs of the organisation today. The company is growing rapidly and needs someone who can adapt the organisation to grow with it.
- Experience working with developers in a devops environment
- Experience of managing bespoke in-house infrastructure and applications in addition to traditional vendor systems
- Hands on Experience of Major Incident Management
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Proven exposure to Operational Support roles
- A strong understanding of IT hardware/software, particularly computer specifications
What we can offer you
Technically stretching work is a given. We want you to push technological boundaries and create solutions to problems people haven’t even thought about yet; so we’ll give you the freedom and the tools and the playful, stimulating working environment you need to do what’s never been done before. While red tape’s conspicuous by its absence, rewards are plentiful: as well as a competitive salary, benefits include pension scheme, interest-free season ticket loan and, of course, a healthy 15% Ocado staff discount (and free delivery).
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.