Ocado's pure online storefront, state-of-the-art heavily automated warehouses, and own delivery network generate an enormous amount of data each and every day.
Within Ocado, the CFC Outbound team develops and maintains systems responsible for managing the release and movement of customer totes through the CFC and on to the trailers/vans for delivery to customers. The team is also responsible for a number of supporting systems that are part of the picking process.
The CFC Outbound Flow team within the CFC Outbound team is responsible for analysis, optimisation and reporting of the outbound warehouse operation. The team consists of a mixture of programmers and analysts who focus on various aspects of the outbound operation with an aim of improving performance and stability. The team works with various technologies; not limited to: Scala, Python, C#, Java, SQL and NoSQL.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Planning and execution of the development of improvements to existing systems.
- Ad-hoc analysis to identify optimisation opportunities or system faults.
- Develop a broad and deep understanding of Ocado's Outbound CFC systems.
- Work with the rest of the team to set technical direction.
- A strong academic record including a degree in mathematics, statistics, or computer science.
- Strong secondary education in mathematics, physics and/or other numerate subjects.
- Programming ability in multiple languages.
- Ability to prototype ideas quickly.
- Demonstrated interest in machine learning.
- Hobby or commercial experience with a functional programming language.
- Keen interest in new technologies and analytical methods.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical issues and findings to a range of both technical and non-technical internal audiences.
- Experience conducting analysis of large, real-world data sets.
- Ability to think outside the box and see problems from a different perspective.
- Experience with some of the following: numpy, scipy, scikit-learn, Matlab, Octave, R
Benefits include: Pension, AXA healthcare, Critical Illness cover, Share Options, Share Save Scheme, 23 days holiday, 15% staff discount + others.
Please note that due to the high volume of applications we will be in contact with shortlisted candidates only.
If you have not heard from us within 4 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Due to the fast paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.